STS Italia Conference 2023: Call for panels
Apologies for cross-posting
Please find below the call for panels for the2023 STS Italia Conference “Interesting Worlds to come: Science & Technology Studies facing more-than-human challenge,” organized by STS Italia and in collaboration with the Department of Philosophy and Communication and the Department of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Bologna.
This 9th edition of the STS Italia conference will take place 28–30 June 2023 in Bologna, Italy. More info is also available on our website: https://eventi.unibo.it/stsitalia2023
For those interested to host a panel, please submit via the conference platform https://www.conftool.org/stsitalia2023/ (information to submit includes title, abstract, format, theme, etc.). Deadline October 25th, 2022.
We look forward to receive your contributions, The Organizing Committee
The 9th STS Italia Conference welcomes panel proposals contributing to the effort of unpacking the ambiguous concept of "interest” from a more-than-human perspective. The conference is intended to provide a dynamic, equal and multidisciplinary context to present conceptual, methodological and analytical insights in the heterogeneous realm of social studies of science, technology and innovation. Notably, we invite panel proposals about (but not limited to) these areas:
- Ecological transitions and climate justice
- Health policies, governance and practices in a postpandemic era
- Sociomaterialities of conflict and peace
- Knowledge co-creation, citizens science, co-design processes, material publics and grassroot innovation
- Technoscientific promises, imaginaries and expectations
- Methodological challenges in a more-than-human world
- Everyday life and design of the mundane
- Working conditions and organizations interested in and by automation
- Postcolonial technoscientific futures
- Governance of and by data infrastructures
- Sociotechnologies of (in)secure worlds to come
- Technofeminism and interspecies solidarities
- Food networks and governance in postpandemic times
- Heritage industry and the production of collective memory
- Right to and sociotechnical imaginaries of the city
- Algorithmic knowledge, media ecologies and artificial intelligence
- Innovation imaginaries, practices and policies
- Ethics, innovation and responsibility in technoscience
- The value of science, technology, innovation and research practices
- Embodied identities, genders and interests
- Extractivist powers, imaginaries and asymmetries
- Heterogeneous assemblages in biomedical research
Building alliances in public participation and engagement
In order to submit a panel proposal please have a look at the Call for Panels and create an account on the conference platform https://www.conftool.org/stsitalia2023, then submit your contribution after account creation.
For those new to the platform, a video explaining the process is available in the How to participate page .
Deadline: October 25, 2022
Notification of acceptance: November 21, 2022
The Conference will be held in Bologna, Italy on 28–30 June 2023 and is organized by the Italian Society of Science and Technology Studies (STS Italia) , in collaboration with the Department of Philosophy and Communication and the Department of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Bologna.
More info about the conference: https://eventi.unibo.it/stsitalia2023
[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of 2023-STS-Italia-International-Conference-Call-for-Panels.pdf]
EASST's Eurograd mailing list Eurograd (at) lists.easst.net Unsubscribe or edit subscription options: http://lists.easst.net/listinfo.cgi/eurograd-easst.net
Meet us via https://twitter.com/STSeasst
Report abuses of this list to Eurogradfirstname.lastname@example.org